A Vintage Lover's Paradise

Last Sunday, I meandered down to the Antiques Market at the St. Lawrence Market in Toronto.  When I lived in Toronto previously, this was always a fun Sunday outing but I hadn't visited this little gem since I moved back to Toronto.  The St. Lawrence Market is famous for it's wonderful farmer's and food market during the week with Saturday being the best day to do your food shopping.  

But, Sunday is antiques and collectibles day and it's a must go.  There are lots of antique dealers inside the new market building and outside along the courtyard.  
There is something at this market for everyone.
This post will feature one of my all-time favorite shops in Toronto as well as in Niagara On The Lake.  EPHEMERA TOO  is owned by two sisters who have an eye for great quality and fun merchandise.  If you love vintage clothing, material, quilts, and funky items, this is the place to shop.  And, the prices are reasonable.  Stacks and stacks of vintage material will make you just drool with all the possibilities of what you might make.  I use to just collect vintage material 
just to look it.  It made my heart sing.
This large Joy perfume bottle was sitting there tempting me to buy it to make it into a lamp.  
Wouldn't that be cool in a dressing room?
The quilts are beautifully displayed so that you can dream 
how you might use them in your home or 
sewn to make pillows.
This little hand made teddy bear would be 
so cute in a child's room.
I love religious items and especially Marys.   This Madonna is a lamp that is so kitschy and wonderful and of course, 
I was tempted.  I may go back and get her next week.
Wouldn't she be a wonderful night light?  
Barbara Griffin is the owner of this delectable shop and I love how she markets her vintage items.  One of my favorite items were Asian postcards that she had reproduced  so that she could attach vintage buttons for sale.  The cards were beautiful and I would have bought them for note cards.  
She may be getting more into her shop.  
Hope so.
If you are the right size, the vintage clothes are absolutely fun.  Hats, gloves, purses  and jewelry are also available to enhance and add a little creativity to your outfit.  They had some great silk Chinese jackets that would be a great way to update a pair of funky jeans.  
All you need at this shop is your imagination.
So if you are in Toronto, you will enjoy visiting Ephemera Too on Saturdays & Sundays as they have a shop in the old building of the market.  
This little shop is a treasure trove of vintage.

Barbara Griffin
Emphemera Too
Saturday   8-3
Sunday     8-4
416-350-8865

I will be showing you in my next post some of the other items that I found at the Antiques Market that were great fun.  
I'll include my purchases as well.

Popular Posts