WHAT A MOVING DAY!

 Well, I'm in my new home.  What a moving day it was.  The skies opened up and ten tons of snow fell in such a short time.  Was it an omen?  I was trying not to think about that.  

I packed up my car with my dear old sweet cat Jo in the front seat next to me and we headed toward to Toronto to our new home in the season's worst snowstorm.  We couldn't even see the road but just outside Toronto, the sun was shining and there wasn't any snow.  It was unbelievable.  Now, that to me was the omen.  Welcome to Toronto.

When I arrived at the house, my great young painter, Adam, had completely repainted the entire house in soft white in one weeks time.  If you remember from my previous posts, the bedroom was painted a deep chocolate brown.  I loved the lighter color now on my bedroom wall.  I had also painted my sleigh bed from a dark wood to a creamy white and this is the picture of the room after the movers put my bed together.
 The kitchen, if you remember, was a deep pea green and now it too is a creamy white.  I am still awaiting the new cabinets so everything is still sitting in boxes, including the new appliances.  There is not much room to maneuver in the kitchen at this time.  

After the move, I dearly wanted a glass of wine but I couldn't find the glasses so I drank my first toast
 to my home out of a coffee mug.  
That's a nice big gulp of wine.
This home is an old Victoria townhouse and if any of you are familiar with these homes, they aren't wide and have narrow staircases and halls.  I own a rather large French armoire and the movers had a devil of a time getting it in the door.  The queen mattress had to be forced up the steps but my favorite reading chair just couldn't be squeezed up the stairs to my bedroom.

I'm in the house and now the fun begins.  So much has happened in the last 4 days.  The neighbors showed up to welcome me to the street and what a lovely and interesting group of people they are.  The grocery store one block from me is open 24 hours which I didn't know was possible.  There are lots of interesting little ethnic restaurants within blocks where a great meal can be had for less than $20.00 for two.   So much to discover, so much to do and 
I am so glad to be here.

Popular Posts