Lanvin and H&M

I am a huge fan of H&M.
I love how they have aligned themselves with major designers to present clothes that anyone can afford. In the past, they have presented collections from Karl Lagerfeld,
Stella McCartney, Viktor&Rolf, Sonia Rykiel and Jimmy Choo.

H&M's latest collaboration is with Lanvin, featuring artistic director, Alber Elbaz.
Mr. Elbaz has said of his new partners that "H&M are going luxury rather than Lanvin going public." He goes on further to say that he is translating a dream created by Lanvin
to appeal to a wider audience .... not just a dress for less scheme.

I love to see companies take risks and try something different.
I love that major fashion designers have aligned themselves with mass retailers to present a collection that all of us could afford. With so many people shopping on-line, it is crucial for retailers to create a shopping experience to attract customers through their doors.
Even at my age, I love H&M's accessories and sweaters to mix with my own wardrobe.
No, I don't buy the mini skirts ... that would be too scary
but I have been able to update my look with little cost.

The Lanvin Collection will be in 200 H&M stores worldwide on November 20th.
They are anticipating that lineups are going to be crazy.
For those of us who won't be there, have fun watching this video
to introduce the Lanvin line to H&M.
Great fun.

Do you shop H&M?

Popular Posts