Favorite Women Of Paris

Who are some of your favorite women of Paris?

Ines de la Fressange? The former muse of Karl Lagerfeld who added a certain "je ne sais quoi" to the runways of the House of Chanel? Ines is a strong woman who went from super model to retail business woman and last year, returned to the runway at the age of 52 to show the young models of today how to work the clothes. There is no one who walks the runways like Ines.

Coco Chanel? She is still an icon who has had 3 bio pics come to the theatres in the past year. What is it about Coco that fascinates us?
Jane Birkin? Although Jane is English, she spent most of her life in Paris and she too was the muse that inspired Hermes to design the sought after Birkin bag.

How about Colette? Who hasn't peeked through some of her novels like Chéri or the Claudine series or how about her most popular novel, "Gigi" which was made into famous movie?
Or possibly Marion Cotillard? Did you not think that her performance as Edith Piaf was stunning in "La Vie en Rose?" I liked her in "A Good Year" which was a fun romp through the vineyards of Provence with her co-star Russell Crowe. Just another chick flick....
And Sonia Rykiel has always been a big fav of mine. I love stories of women who believed in an idea and through persistence, built a world-class company still holding on to their
original principles and creative dreams.


My Manon is one of my favorite Parisian women too. She came out of my pencil one day when I was sketching women as I sat at an outside cafe in Paris.
I love putting red hair on my Parisian ladies. I think it makes them even more feisty.
On the back of the pillow is a line or two from a famous Cole Porter Song ...

"I love Paris every moment,
Every moment of the year.
I love Paris, why oh why
Do I love Paris?
Because my love is near."

Who are your favorite women of Paris?

Popular Posts