NEXT TO MY CORSET, SHOES ARE MY FETISH

4" X 4" lavender sachet
©2008 Priscilla Mae et al
4" X 4" lavender sachet
©2008 Priscilla Mae et al
Kathy Gibon, Houston Chronicle, wrote this about shoe obsession: "Contrary to popular belief, Cinderella's stepsisters were not desperate for Prince Charming .... they were desperate for her glass slipper."


That sounds about right. Not many women can walk past a shoe store without taking a quick peek at the latest shoes in the store window. Me? I've never been wild about heels but flats? That's another story. The fact that I am 5'10" maybe a clue.


I decided to put a small "closet" of shoe sachets into my Etsy shop for women that might want to purchase a pair or two. Each hand painted sachet is filled with lavender and fiber fill and hang from a colorful satin ribbon. With a shoe on the front, there is also a fun shoe quote on the back. Just a little shoe humor.

When I have my girlfriend dinners, I like to put a little shoe sachet at their place setting as a little gift. Each one is different and I try to match the shoe to the guest. Some friends are Uggs, some are clogs, some are Manola's, some are flats, some are slippers .... which shoe would you be?

Customers have bought several sachets to keep in their stash for those last minute hostess gifts when you tire of giving yet another bottle of wine. Hmmm ... wine's good though. They look cute on top of presents for a little bling and at Christmas, the sachets make great stocking stuffers.

Jane Eldershaw, author of Heart And Soul: The Shoes Of My Life, says it best. "Shoes are fun. Shoes are like little personalities just waiting to be put on."

Popular Posts