Vintage Letterbox For Your Cottage Decor

 Once in a while, you come across a very unique
collectible that is not only beautiful but adds
that one of a kind addition to your home decor.

I found this letterbox many years ago from a country
store in the Niagara region in Canada.  It was
love at first sight and I had to have it.
You know the feeling.
 At that time in my life, my home
in the country was more shabby chic or
cottage decor.  This piece had the right
patina for both.

It has a embossed metal lid with just
the right shabby chic wear and sits on four
metal feet.  

Although it is a letterbox for your notes
and envelopes, I also used it as a
jewelry box and a display element
for my hand painted satchets
at art shows.

 The inside of the letterbox has 4 
large compartments lined in deep
maroon velvet and is in excellent
condition.  The little silk ribbon holding
up the lid looks to be original and
is still working fine.
I loved displaying my letterbox on my 
dresser in my bedroom when I used it as
a jewelry box.

In my studio, I would put it on a table to
hold my business cards, brochures and
a group of my favorite handmade
satchets.  It would be wonderful in
a retail shop as part of a display.

To see this unique piece of history,
go to my Affordable Splendor Shop on Etsy.

Popular Posts