Dream Of Moving To Paris, Provence Or Tuscany?

 I have been having so much fun painting all
these book covers on favorite books of mine.
There is definitely a pattern in the type of books
I was selecting a few years back that I didn't realize
until I was posting these new products for my Etsy shop.


This Parisian lady is my painting for the book
"A Paris Moment" by Gordon Cope.  It's the story of Cope
moving to Le Marais in Paris and how he goes from being
a tourist to a resident of this beautiful city.
Oh, how I wanted to do this too.

On the back of this book, I have hand printed
a famous Paris quote...
"Paris is always a good idea."

See this book here.
 Everyone is familiar with 
"Under The Tuscan Sun".  The book and the movie
are different .... the book is all about Frances
Mayes move to Tuscany and her renovation of
an old villa named Bramasole.
It is almost like a wonderful how-to book on
building a life in Tuscany and she also includes 
wonderful Tuscan recipes.  She is a gourmet
cook as well as a writer.

On the back of this book is one of my favorite
quotes from "Eat, Pray, Love"....
"il dolce far niente"
the art of doing nothing.....

See this book here.
 I based the background cover of this book,
"IN YOUR OWN WRITE."
The book is written by famous designer Jocasta
Innes and her easy projects where
you use calligraphy for home decor elements.
It taught me how to use calligraphy on my walls
and lampshades which made my home feel very
French.   She also teaches how to make monogrammed
pillows and curtains.

See this lovely little book here.
"A PIG IN PROVENCE" is the name of this book
and is written by Georgeanne Brennan.
This is her story of her move to Provence and how
she created a new life in this beautiful area of France.
Of course, you can't talk about Provence without mentioning
the delicious foods of this area.  Cheeses, bouillabaisses, garlic,
tarts, etc....and interesting recipes to boot.

My favorite aspect of Provence are the Saturday markets
in the Fall.  The colors, the food, the ambience.....
my cover had to be a market scene with the lovely buildings
of Provence in the background.

The quote on the back of this wonderful book
is
"toujours dans mon coeur".
Always in my heart .... how true.

See Angelique at the market here.

The books have been selling well thanks to all of you.
See my Etsy shop here.

Popular Posts