PROBLEM WITH PHOTOS

Hello everyone. 
I've had problems with posting photos of my trip. They haven't been loading correctly into my partner's laptop, so I haven't been able to show you where I've been. I am taking lots of pictures and will post them when I get home.

Paris was it's usual wonderfulness. Gads, I love that city. It always feels so much like I'm home when I'm there. 
Because I have visited so many times,
it's so easy to fall in step with life there.

After Paris, we took the TGV to Nice and that is a very "nice" city. The colors of the old part of the city are breath taking and the main plaza is such a delight. We enjoyed lots of 
fresh fish and seafood and great wine from the area.

Then off to St. Paul de Vence for a three day holiday in a beautiful Provence mas. Our room had a balcony that overlooked an old vineyard. The highlight was having the most spectacular lunch at the Columbe D'Or. It's a famous restaurant that sits on the mountain with spectacular views and an art collection that would rival most museums. 
All the famous French painters would eat at the 
restaurant and pay their bills with their art.

We are now in Rome. I have mixed feelings about this city. 
It is beautiful, there is no debate about that. 
BUT, there are sooooooooooooooo many tourists.
And this is not high season. The cruise ships 
have unloaded the masses. It's hard to enjoy the city 
when it's so crowded.

The really great part of the holiday has been the weather. It has been warm and sunny everyday of the trip. It's cooling 
off at night right now which is lovely as well.

Today we are off to find the flea markets of Rome. 
Maybe all the tourists will be at mass with the Pope.

Popular Posts