WHO IS PRISCILLA MAE?


Hello everyone.  
Just finishing the last part of my packing to move, so I thought it might be fun to republish some of my earliest posts.  This one is the story of my company Priscilla Mae et al 
and how it came into being.
Hope you enjoy and I can't wait to share the parts of my new life with you very soon.

Who is Priscilla Mae? 
 Why did I call my company Priscilla Mae et al?

For many months, I tried to figure out what I was going to do with the rest of my life. One night, I was sitting on my porch with a glass of wine or two and enjoying the absolute peacefulness of the evening. I was thinking about my Mom's life and whether she had ever sat and dreamed of what her life could have been. She was a brilliant and wise woman but who lived at a time when women didn't have as many options to decide the direction of their life. Mom raised our family and she did a wonderful job but she had so much more in her.

My mother died many years previously and I was having some difficulty remembering what she looked like. So with my wine glass in hand and a pencil and paper, I began to sketch away to try and bring back my mother's face. The faces kept coming but they were younger pictures of my Mom and maybe they incorporated a bit of me. It was a wonderful night and the time just flew by. Before I knew it, there were dozens of faces all over my porch floor. Not just faces of my Mom or me but lots of faces of women. Funky women with big hair, bedroom eyes, funky earrings, great hats with feathers...
they made me happy!

It came to me then. Draw what I know...women.
 And call this new endeavor, "Priscilla Mae et al," 
in honor of the first and 
most important woman in my life .. 
my Mom.

Popular Posts