PARIS IN THE SNOW THROUGH THE LENS OF MEREDITH MULLINS

I needed a break from packing and decided to have a look through some  images of Paris.  One of my favorite photographers is Meredith Mullins who is an American photographer living in Paris.  Her pictures are haunting and I especially love her photographs of this most beautiful city in the snow.   Enjoy.

A walk through the Jardins du Luxembourg.

The Seine River around the Ile de la Cité.

A lone Parisan in another lovely park in Paris.

It's so interesting that photography of winter scenes usually show a person on their own.  Is it because we tend to be more introspective during the winter months?  Is it not the time to muse over our life, perchance to dream? 

When I look at pictures of winter through the lens of Meredith Mullins,  I sometimes feel a loneliness at first and then I see a certain serenity and peace.  You wonder what the people in the photographs might be thinking or what is happening in their lives.  Or am I interpreting the picture through my own life?

What do these photographs make you feel?











Popular Posts