Paris Love Stories - An Artful Life

 Last week I was reading Etsy's "Quit Your Day Job" that
features one of Etsy many talented artists and how
they have made their dreams a full time reality.
This is the first time one of the individual's dreams
caught my attention totally.

Meet Janice MacLeod who I can happily say is from
Ontario,  Canada.  Janice was a copy writer in an advertising
agency who quit her job in 2011 and decided 
to explore the world.

During her travels, she started mailing letters from the road to
friends.  When she moved to Paris, she painted letters about 
her life in Paris and the letters were sent snail mail to
people around the world.  Each letter is personalized.
 She came up with the idea of painted letters from another artist.  
She purchased a watercolor set and started adding little
paintings to her travel letters.

Isn't this a wonderful idea?  You can purchase a subscription
of letters in 3 months, 6 months  or 1 year subscriptions on
her Etsy shop JaniceArtShip.
I did and I can't wait to receive
my first painted letter.
Janice also has a blog that I thoroughly enjoyed reading in bed
all Sunday morning.  She too followed Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way
as I did before I started my art endeavor Priscilla Mae et al.

I am such a strong proponent of Julia Cameron's Morning Pages.  That
exercise can change your life as it did both mine and Janice's.  Janice
left her copy writing job and I started painting for the first time in my life.
I wrote about Morning Pages in an earlier blog post.  I haven't done
Morning Pages for about 2 years but yesterday, I started again.
Ideas were pouring out onto my journal.  I got them out
of my head onto a page where I can see them.  I even
made an idea board to hang in my studio so I can
write ideas and goals and they will sit in front
of me everyday.  I am anxious to see what 
will become of these potential plans.  I
do know that Morning Pages will help me 
to focus and dream once again.  

I am so glad that Janice's Paris Love Letters
appeared on my computer screen.
Very inspiring.

Popular Posts