Two More Weeks ....

This time in two weeks, I will be just arriving in Paris.

This is my little hand painted pillow that I call "American in Paris". I am a dual citizen of both the United States and Canada. That little look on her face is how I feel on my first day back in Paris ... true contentment. There's the Eiffel Tower just over my shoulder as I always seem to stay in the 7th arrondissement. When I'm in Paris, I ride buses and amble in any direction my heart leads me. I need the Eiffel Tower as a landmark so that I know how to get home.


I am staying in two different apartments over the two weeks I am in Paris this time. I get two new views of Paris from different perspectives. One apartment is across the street from a heavenly bakery and the other apartment is just to the right of Les Invalides which is beautifully lit at night. That apartment has a loft where I must climb a ladder to get to my bed. Luckily, it has a great pull out sofa on the main floor in case I have second thoughts about climbing down the ladder in the middle of the night. It seemed like a good idea at the time ... I was looking for a little adventure.
After I arrive at my apartment on my first day and drop off my luggage, I always run down to a favorite café and have my first meal in Paris. I see the familiar faces of the waiters and order the same first meal .... Croque Madame, frites and a glass of wine.
I sit for a long time and just soak in the realization that I'm back in the city I love.

Popular Posts