PARIS BOUND (I HOPE)

Tomorrow, I am leaving to spend two weeks in Paris to celebrate my birthday, or I hope I am. Apparently, the Icelandic volcano is starting to spew again. Mais non, non, non ...

You see this year, I treated myself to a lovely little apartment that overlooks the Eiffel Tower. This has been one of my dreams f-o-r-e-v-e-r. All the apartments that I have rented over the years, I either didn't have a view of the Eiffel Tower or I had to hang out my window and wretch my neck in such a position just so I could see the Tower's twinkling lights at night. This was going to be my year ..........
While I am in Paris, I will be taking 2 million photos of fun and interesting sights as I walk about the city. The fun aspect of blogging is that it makes me feel like I am on high alert as I scan every nook and cranny of this beautiful place to find an idea for my next blog.

This year I want to take more pictures of the Parisian people ... how they spend their days, how they dress, how they celebrate their lives, what they eat and how they love. The last one might be a little dicey.
On my last trip, I was drawn to the windows in all the shops across Paris. This is one of my favorite photos of a highly styled mannequin in a designer's shop with the reflection of a lovely old Parisian building across the street. The new with the old .... isn't that Paris?

What would you take pictures of in Paris? Tell me and I will try and find it and send them along to you in my blog. Do you love pictures of food with glasses of rose wine or the little bridges that cross the Seine? Or possibly you love the colorful awnings against the old stone buildings or lovers in the park? It would be like taking you all along with me. Leave your suggestions in the comments and I will do my best to find the parts of Paris that make your heart swirl. That is, if I go???!!!

Popular Posts