PISTACHIO ... SPRING 2010 HOT COLOR

As usual, each new season, I visit the website of Pantone, the purveyor of what colors you will be seeing in fashion and home decor. One of the colors selected this spring season is pistachio. Now Pantone calls it Aurora and others may call that tricky color between green and yellow, chartreuse. But whatever you may call it, it's a favorite of mine. At my wedding many, many light years ago, I dressed all my bridesmaids in chartreuse gowns with hot pink sashes. They looked so springy to me and of course, no one fell asleep during the ceremony.

This is Solange from Les Femmes de Paris series. I love how different colors play off of pistachio.
I liked this dress of Valentino's when I saw it in his shop last October when I was in Paris. It was Fashion Week in Paris and all the designers were giving us a little taste of what we might be wearing this Spring.
And another shop on Rue de Bac highlighted this pistachio colored skirt with a hand painted blouse with lovely funky Parisian women.
This weekend, I bought a deep grey duvet cover and added splashes of pistachio in some of the accessories. I love how the color makes greys sing.
And any shop that has this color in their windows to give a punch of color to their merchandise has got to have interesting product. Of course, this shop was in Paris and I want all these frames.
And an art shop in Paris featured this rather curvy vixen with pistachio shorts in their window.
This Holt Renfrew window in Toronto featured the hot spring color for men's ties. Pistachio, chartreuse and aurora or whatever you may call this happy color will be featured everywhere this Spring. Now, if only we had a little bit of Spring.

Popular Posts