IS IT HOT IN HERE OR IS IT ME?

And another Midlife Madonna... This is Olivia and she looks a little perplexed about her new stage of life. Those damn hot flashes come at the most incredible point in time. I can remember sitting with a client over lunch and luckily, she was a woman client. I had just finished eating a lovely meal when my face turned beet red and not so little drops of perspiration appeared on my top lip. I was having my first hot flash. I thought death was at the front door......

My client burst out laughing and said, "Oh, I've been there. Congratulations. You are now a woman of a certain age." I had had my first initiation into a very special club of women. I was now ONE HOT MAMA!

I love midlife. It has been the best years of my life. I am finally doing all the things that I have dreamed about for so many many years. I love painting "the girls" of Priscilla Mae, I love running off to Paris, and I love doing and saying whatever I please. You see, I think those hot flashes are a sign that a new woman is emerging. Luckily, I didn't have many flashes or I may not be quite so positive about them. But, I had enough to remind me that I am now a New Hot Mama.

Popular Posts