MY FIRST CANVAS

I have been having some fun this week trying my hand at some new projects in my studio.  I had purchased a number of stretched canvases about 2 years ago and they have been sitting empty and womenless all that time.  I was so tired of painting my ladies on material to make them into pillows because I am not fond of the sewing and stuffing the pillow once it is painted.  The idea of painting on a canvas seemed like a good means to an end.  I could still paint but I didn't have to sew!  

I don't understand what took me so long to put a paint brush to a canvas but I guess "fear" is the answer.  My partner has been urging me to try my hand at the "big picture" but I'm not quite ready to take that step yet.  I do have larger empty canvases just sitting there waiting for a little color but I'm working my way up to that.  

Of course, this all started with my decision to clean my studio and rearrange my supplies. That's how I found the empty canvases and painted squares of funky women waiting to be made into pillows and sachets.  Earrings, buttons, and wonderful things..... everything is out of their hiding places so I find some fun ways to use them.  

I have lots of different size squares of women and I was thinking it would be fun to make them into a quilt.  Can you imagine a whole bed covered with women?  Would you have nightmares? Or maybe I should make a hanging quilt of women ???  Women hanging .... that's scary as well.  Oh, the possibilities are endless.  

Popular Posts